Cycling is a great way to increase bone density.
- Cycling increases the density of human bones. That’s why it is very helpful for the kids as well as the elder people to ride cycles. The benefits of indoor cycling, both physical and mental, can be enjoyed by almost any age group.
- It is especially important for non-athletes, such as children and elderly people, to develop and maintain healthy bone density. Indoor cycling is an activity that can be done by people of any age and fitness level, one reason why the exercise has gained so much popularity in the last two decades.
Strengthen your muscles
- Get an Ab workout while You Indoor Cycle
- Indoor cycling instructors are always encouraging techniques and postures for an effective and safe ride. Correct posture is important to working the right muscle groups. In addition to the major leg muscles worked during a indoor cycling routine, the abdominal muscles get a workout, as well.
- Because you don't have to do much work to balance, indoor cycling doesn't work your abs as much as outdoor cycling, but you still use these muscles to support yourself. For a better ab workout on an upright stationary bike, concentrate on tightening your stomach muscles during your workout.
Although the upper leg is the powerhouse of a cycling workout, the lower leg also works hard when you're riding indoors. As you push down, your calf muscles exert pressure on the pedal. If you've ever ridden behind someone cycling in shorts, you may have noticed their calves flexing with each pedal stroke. To really work your calf muscles through the entire pedal stroke, think of pushing the pedal down with your toes on the down stroke and then pulling up with your toes on the upstroke. It will seem awkward at first, but will improve your cycling form and tone your calves.
On a spinning bike you use your arms and upper back to support the weight of your upper body. Cycling, whether indoors or out, helps strengthen your lower back muscles and can help ease certain types of low back pain.
Add to your Cardiovascular, Muscular Endurance & Heart Strength
- Burn, Burn, Burn Calorie: Setting Up Your Bike For Maximum Results
- No need to set computers according to your individual needs and body type. You don’t want to place undue stress or strain on the muscles and joints of your body.
- Indoor cycling is primarily an anaerobic exercise, pulling energy from your reserves and building up your muscular endurance over an extended period of time. However, there are also aerobic benefits of indoor cycling. Planned indoor cycling programs include both endurance and cardiovascular training during the workout.
- A good 45 minute workout of indoor cycling can burn as much as 650 calories. Even at challenging levels other cardio equipment couldn't burn that many calories in such a short time.
- Increased Muscular Endurance
- Muscular Endurance is the ability of a muscle to continually and repeatedly exert force over an extended period of time. In an indoor cycling class, this happens when you pedal against resistance, which can greatly increase the endurance of the muscles in the legs: quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteus, and even the calf muscles.
- Heart health is an obvious benefit, as is lung capacity.
At several points you may be required to break your steady pace and speed up to increase your heart rate. As you work harder during your indoor cycling workout you will learn to work on controlled breathing, as well. This may help you with anxiety and help lower your heart rate when you get into a situation where physical exertion begins to take your breath away.
Tap into your Mental Strength & Reduce Stress Levels
- The warm up and cool down are great ways to relax. Before and after putting my body through a strenuous indoor cycling allow the physical exertion to become a catharsis for releasing pent-up emotions.
- Indoor cycling also builds mental strength. Push through difficult times. Push up hill climbs and push through endurance training. Always cycle, and develop the mental discipline despite the good days and bad. The important thing is that you carry through with your regular indoor cycling routine.
- Self-discipline in Indoor cycling helps develop a positive and optimistic attitude that can be applied to all areas of life. I have found it most beneficial in areas of self-control and confidence.
- You’ll leave feeling euphoric. Endorphins are known to create feelings of euphoria, lower your stress level and enhance the body's immune response. Many know that in an indoor cycling class will allow a release of those happy-mood inducing neurotransmitters known as endorphins.