Why Barre is for you
No experience required
- We all start somewhere. No matter your previous experience, Barre classes are great for enthusiasts of all levels. People have different strengths and weaknesses, and barre can accommodate them all.
- No dance background is required.
Modifications for every age and level
- In barre classes, everyone works in their range of motion to suit their specific needs. Exercises are modified to push you towards your goals.
Exercise from head to toe
- Feel the burn from head to toe, literally, as you work your entire body to the limit. You’ll get stronger as you stretch and strengthen your body.
It’s a fun party in disguise
- With great tunes and your private DJ instructor getting ready to boogie, time will fly as you’re having fun pushing your body to the limit. Never expect the same class twice!
- EXPECT TO BE SORE! and expect to see quick results. Your body will be sore just after your first few classes, which will result in the body you’ve been dreaming of.
- Perform barre workouts 2-3 times per week and expect to see a difference in the first 3 weeks. Notice your improved posture, flatter abs, stronger legs, toned arms, an open sculpted back, thinner thighs, chiseled arms, a sculpted back, and a lifted seat.
Drop pounds and lose inches
- Most of the Barre exercises involve the largest muscles of the body. The larger a muscle is, the more you burn calories!
- As you progress, you’ll continue to build more lean muscle mass which will increase your resting metabolic rate. An increased metabolic rate requires more calorie consumption in order to help you produce more energy.
- As you’re losing weight, you are also building muscle which will help you lose even more weight!
Work muscles to failure
- Barre's high repetitions in small ranges combined with squeezes and pulses are the perfect recipe to tire muscles until failure.
- Isometric contractions (pulses) occur when a muscle doesn’t change under tension.
- Concentric and eccentric contractions occur when a muscle stretches then shortens.
- Get ready to shake, shake, shake! Shaking is a sign of muscle fatigue. Your body is telling you it is feeling the work. Don’t back off, but embrace the shaking.
- Stay hydrated! Shaking can also cause dehydration, so make sure you have a jug or water with you.
Improve muscles while protecting your body
- This low-impact workout challenges the body bit by bit, making it easy on your joints, tendons, ligaments, and spine.
Have more fun in activities and sports with a greater range of motion
- You’ll target multiple leg muscle groups at once.
- Improve balance, greater quad, and hamstring usage as you enhance knee alignment and hip openness.
Enhance the mind-body connection
- The neuro-muscular connection to our body is very important. It tells us to do more or to stop now. Smaller movements in a Barre class allow the time to build this new level of attention and awareness, which is hard to accomplish in other strength exercises.